Sunday 22 May 2011

So small in the presence of a colossal wonder





Today was the second time I've gone to the eiffel tower and I'm still amazed at how tall the structure is. It makes you feel so small, and reminds you that your just a small part of a much bigger world. In contrary to World War 1, just imagine how the soldiers fighting bravely and laying down their lives for king and country must have felt fighting in the largest conflict at that time? They must have shared the same feelings that I felt when I was under the tower. From a far the tower did not look too large but beneath it, your legs start to shake at its presence. For many soldiers that fought in WW1, they saw the war as an adventure and believed that it was just like traditional wars that ended quickly with honor and glory at hand. This was contrary to me looking at the tower from a far, however when they finally had a taste of battle it was not what they expected just like how I feel under the tower.
Eiffel tower from afar



What a Structure!
Its very intimidating eh?
Just a few of the millions who gave their lives so that  we may  be free


Blog post by Stephen Rizada

No comments:

Post a Comment