Saturday 14 May 2011

Homesick on the Western Front

Over the course of this trip I am sure most, if not all of us, have missed something from home and has made us feel a little home sick.  The different things have a range from our pets, the food, our beds, our showers, our family and our friends.  I know, personally, I have missed almost everything on the list at one point or another.  But what I find amazing is that we have all become so much like a family we can get each other through anything.

  Over the past week or so (and for the nine days remaining) we have been in dorm style rooms… this has been more of a God send for most of us then it has been a bother.  I know everyone needs their space, but having (in my case) 7 roommates has been so great.  With the depth of our trip being so grave and depressing it has been great to know that I always have a sister to lean on. Someone to give me a hug when I am crying, someone to sit with me when I miss home, and someone to make me laugh when I am down.

All of the students on the Field School are now not only my friends (and at the beginning most were complete strangers) they are my Family. 
And I must say it is not only the students who have aided others in times of sadness (for what ever reason), it is also Stephen, Elizabeth and Julien.  They are truly amazing.

I want to thank everyone for your support.  We have all come together and have in turn become closer.

Kimberly Ethier

No comments:

Post a Comment